Thursday, March 10, 2011

Power cuts and Inverters

It’s the time of the year when I hate to be around here in Mysore. It’s time for the load shedding every one hour, for an hour! Sometimes, if I am lucky! Or the powerless hours can be longer & random! Just couple of months ago, the state govt. mentioned that they were not going to have any power cuts this year, as they are buying power from the neighboring states to fulfill the states needs. But it’s the same story this year too.
I was also more hopeful because its Cricket World cup time, the electricity board would dare not pull out power! Moreover, its exams time too.
What makes it worse is the fact that many families have inverters installed at their homes now. The inverters are good enough for an hour to three. But these cost from 18k to 20k ($ 400-$450). As a middle class citizen, I don’t accept that we should be compelled to take on this extra expenditure. Aren’t we paying our taxes to the govt.? Shouldn’t we get the services accordingly? These days I am often told by my mother, uncle to buy an inverter! It is annoying that I have to shell out this big price & yet continue to pay for the power (which is barely there) & other taxes! I am not willing to buy one! YET!

1 comment:

  1. Thats the price to pay living close to Mysore Palace I guess :). And yeah I agree, you shouldn't pay for electricity, why don't you actually do that?

    ReplyDelete